Air Lituanica was registered by Air Vilnius Group, a subsidiary of the Vilnius City Municipality, in May 2012.
The carrier started flying its very first route, Vilnius–Brussels–Vilnius, on June 2013. The vision of AIR LITUANICA is to become a regional base airline providing air transportation services for travellers flying to and from major European destinations.
Besides Tallinn, Air Lituanica flies to 8 destinations in Europe. Their schedule is mainly orientated towards Lithuanian travellers, but is also quite good for travellers starting their journey from Estonia.
Destinations from Tallinn:
- Amsterdam is uncomfortably reached from Tallinn as it requires an overnight stay in Vilnius. But from Amsterdam to Tallinn it has a good timetable and affordable prices.
- Berlin is reached with same day connections on mondays, tuesadys, thusdays and fridays.
- Billund can be flown to on wednesdays.
- Bromma (Stockholm) is their newest destination (starting from Jan 26th, 2015) and reachable on mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays and thursdays. Only drawback is that the connection in Vilnius is in the evening which means the whole day there.
- Brussels is connected in a comfortable way only on Tallinn-Brussels route. Unfortunately, Brussels-Tallinn segment needs a overnight stay in Vilnius.
- Munich has a good timetable on tuesdays and thursdays.
- Paris has same day connections on mondays, wednesdays and fridays.
- Prague has good connections on mondays and fridays. Return timetable requires overnight in Vilnius.
- Vilnius is operated twice daily from monday through friday, morning and evening. Homebound as well.